Our Divorce Practice
At the Law Firm and Mediation Practice of Alla Roytberg, we work closely with individuals at all stages of a divorce, from pre-divorce negotiation of a separation agreement to the initial filing through trial to post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement in the Supreme Court or Family Court. In addition to traditional divorce litigation, we work with clients who want to settle differences through alternative means of dispute resolution, including mediation and the collaborative law approach. We can even coach you should you decide to represent yourself in court.
Helping You Divorce and Separate with Dignity
If you are considering a divorce or are already a party to a separation or divorce proceeding, you want an experienced lawyer to protect your interests. At the same time, you need someone who will help you and your children survive the most difficult time of your life. Decisions regarding child custody and visitation, child support, alimony and the division of marital debts and assets can be challenging, especially when faced with the emotions that accompany a divorce. Your attorney should help you make choices that are in your and your family’s best interests.
The Law Firm and Mediation Practice of Alla Roytberg brings more than 25 years of court litigation experience and the passion of a divorce mediator to help you conclude your divorce or separation with the least amount of financial and psychological damage. We will not only advocate for you in court, but will also help you come up with the best and most cost-effective long-term solution. We will make sure that if you sign a settlement agreement, it addresses all necessary issues so you will not have to go back to court and pay more money in legal fees during the years following your divorce. At the Law Firm and Mediation Practice of Alla Roytberg, P.C., our team is trained to handle your case and address your concerns with sensitivity and discretion.
Child Custody, Visitation, Child Support and Spousal Support
When a couple divorces, child and spousal support are very important legal matters to consider. We work closely with the couple to resolve:
- Child custody and visitation: We will help you establish and implement custody and visitation arrangements that are in the best interests of your minor children while protecting your rights as a parent. Whenever possible, we work to establish co-parenting relationships. However, when co-parenting is not an option, we will represent you in custody, visitation and relocation cases in Family Court and the Supreme Court.
- Child support: We will help you explore all child support options. We will represent you in filing or defending against child support petitions in Family Court, and we will advocate on your behalf in the Supreme Court. We will ensure that all proposed child support orders are in compliance with New York or New Jersey guidelines. We will also verify that all relevant income has been included in the calculation.
- Alimony or spousal support: We will help you determine whether a grant of alimony or spousal maintenance is warranted and, if so, the appropriate amount, frequency and duration of payments.
- Post-judgment modification or enforcement: We work with clients who need to modify an existing court order, whether as a result of relocation, job loss or some other significant change in circumstances. We also help men and women who need to use the power of the court to enforce the terms of a divorce decree.
Let Us Help You Get on With Your Life
We also handle other matters related to or arising out of a contested or uncontested divorce, including:
- Property settlements: We will help you equitably distribute the debts and assets of your marriage, including real estate, bank accounts and investments, retirement funds, business assets, professional licenses and degrees, enhanced earning capacity and business interests. We have extensive experience providing cost-effective representation to high net worth clients in matrimonial disputes, which involve complex financial issues.
- Prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements: We advise clients who are considering getting married or are already married and wish to protect assets in case of a divorce or separation.
- Support of people who represent themselves: If you cannot afford to hire an attorney but want to be prepared for a court appearance, a deposition, a trial or a hearing, need help reviewing an agreement or a court document, or preparing or defending against a motion, we can meet with you for a series of consultations and help guide you through your “pro se” case.
For a consultation, contact our law firm. Our offices are open Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.; Sundays and evenings by appointment. We accept Visa, MasterCard and payments through PayPal.